HistoryThe Museum bought the quilt from Ros Palmer Antiques of Woollahra NSW in 1980. The quilt is used for research and exhibition purposes only.
Description"A small rectangular quilt made from fifty four embroidered badges for school blazers. Most are from NSW schools and some of these are repeated. One is for a school in Suva Fiji. The ground fabric of the badges is wool, in shades of dark blue, light blue, black and gray. The monograms are machine and hand embroidered with school crests and mottos in Latin and English. As the embroidery is not of a finished quality, it may be that the badges were either store samples or trial pieces. The quilt is machine pieced and is backed with dark cherry red wool that turns over to the right side to form a narrow border binding." There is no padding. [PHM]
1770 x 940mm