The quilt was made in the 1930s by the President and members of the Mildura Country Women's Association (CWA). In the 1970s it was donated to the Mildura and District Historical Society. It is now on permanent display at 'Langtree Hall', a folk museum of local history that is behind the 'Cottage' in Walnut Avenue, Mildura Victoria. This quilt was commenced in the 1930s by the members of the newly formed Mildura branch of the CWA. Mrs Edie Lawn was the President. She did most of the assembling and was also a memebr of Mildura Branch of the Embroiderers' Guild. The quilt was completed in 1938 after which it was displayed on special occasions and was always used as a cover on the President's table at the monthly meetings.
Forty years later Alice Farmer, Secretary of the Mildura and District Historical Society, accepted the quilt on behalf of the Society. It was originally in the Historical Society's rooms in the old power house. It is now on permanent loan to 'Langtree Hall' where it is displayed.
Quilt of 2025 hexagons stitched together to form diamond patterns. Hand sewn using paper templates. Materials are cottons and plains typical of the thirties period. The backing is blue cotton and the quilt is bound with many rows of coloured bias binding through which is threaded window cord. There is no padding. The quilt is called 'Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt'.
2439 x 1829mm