This quilt was made by women in the Wagga Wagga NSW district for the Gumleigh Boys' Home c. 1940. The home was for boys needing care in the Riverina. It closed in 1985. This quilt, and others made for the home, was for general use on the boys' beds. It was one of three donated to the Pioneer Women's Hut by Hazel Rhodes of The Gumleigh Boys' Home. It is occasionally displayed at the museum.
Utility patchwork quilt made up of mainly squares of furnishing material machine pieced. It is backed with machine pieced patches of woollen jumpers, mainly machine not hand knitted. The back is possibly the top. There is no padding.
1950 x 1270 mm