This quilt was made by women in the Wagga district for the Gumleigh Boys' Home c. 1940. The home was for boys needing care in the Riverina. It closed in 1985. This quilt, and others made for the home, was for general use on the boys' beds. It was one of three donated to the Pioneer Women's Hut by Hazel Rhodes of The Gumleigh Boys Home. It is occasionally displayed at the museum.
Utility quilt, machine pieced from mainly squares of dress materials in many different patterns. The backing is a wholecloth paisley print. The padding is pieced used clothing and materials including chenille and plush.
1950 x 1270 mm