HistoryThe quilt was made by Mary Wood in 1950 at Markwood Victoria. It is now owned by Mrs. L. Cheong. It is still used. Mary Wood made a number of quilts still in existence. She lived at Markwood all her married life and her husband was one of the pioneers of the district, John Moon Wood.
DescriptionCentre of hexagon pieces edged with braid and surrounded by 3 borders of old coating materials. The hexagons and the borders are all wool. There is herringbone stitch on the edge of the rayon backing. The padding is an old cream blanket.
1000 x 750mm