The quilt was made in Wales by Catherine Jones-Lewis pre 1914 and brought to Australia by her in 1914 when, with 2 children, she followed her husband here. The quilt then passed to her daughter Phyllis who never married and on her death was rescued by a neighbour from being destroyed.
[The quilt] was donated to The Pioneer Women's Hut by Judy Harrigan, Epping New South Wales. It is displayed occasionally in the museum.
Patchwork quilt, machine construction in pink and white twill cotton, log cabin pattern. Each log cabin block was constructed with the backing in place, in groups of 4 blocks placed together. Each block 200mm in size.
2300 x 2050 mm