HistoryThe quilt was made by Eliza Jones in Warragul Victoria probably between 1880 and 1890. It was given to Ivy Blyth and is now owned by Ivy's daughter Jean Gill. It is not now used. Ivy Sargeant worked as a milliner at Huntsman's in Chapel Street, Prahran, Melbourne VIC. She collected scraps and decorations from her work and gave them to her Aunt Eliza Jones for her to use.
DescriptionPatchwork quilt featuring centre panel of log cabin blocks surrounded by borders. Handsewn. Wide variety of materials including some velvet. Appliquéd flowers.
1703 x 1575 mm