HistoryThe quilt was made by Mary Wood at Markwood Victoria in 1967. It was a gift to her great granddaughter Gayle Graham the present owner. It is stored in a cupboard. Mary Wood made a number of quilts [that are] still in existence. She lived at Markwood all her married life and her husband was one of the pioneers of the district, John Moon Wood.
DescriptionFour hexagon flower motifs in cotton and brocade stitched with herringbone stitch to a blue background form the centre frame. There are then three borders of woollen materials and additional strips either end. The backing is a printed cotton with multicoloured balloons and '1967' embroidered in one corner. The padding is thought to be an old blanket.
1350 x 850mm