HistoryThe quilt top was made by Elizabeth Hardy in England c. 1830 prior to her marriage. Elizabeth came to South Australia aboard the 'Kangaroo' in the 1830s. It was later owned by Miss Elsie Brice and is now part of the collection of the Embroiderers' Guild of SA Inc. Museum.
DescriptionIncomplete quilt top not padded or backed. Variously patterned chintzes and cottons, assembled as patchworked borders to centre frame. There are hexagons and assorted appliquéd shapes on calico. There is a small amount of surface embroidery.
2160 x 2500mm