History The rabbits were trapped in 1951 by trapper George Jackson in the Miles district of Queensland pre myxomatosis. They were tanned at Cloake's tannery in Toowoomba QLD. The rug was then made by Bud and Patricia Ford at 'Aldersyde' homestead (Miles district) in 1952. Used until recently but now stored in the ottoman blanket box as the rug gives Patricia hay fever. It took Bud and Patricia Ford six months of intermittent work in the evenings to stitch the rug. This was by kerosene lamplight at 'Aldersyde' Homestead, Miles Queensland.