HistoryThe quilt was made in 1958 in Bundaberg Queensland by Kate Cameron for the children of her daughter-in-law Beth. It is now owned by Shelley Cameron. It is not used. Kate Cameron (1889-1975) was a qualified seamstress, trained at the convent in Gladstone QLD. She went out to people's houses and sewed for 2/6 a day. She made trousers for her three boys until they were teenagers. Kate was also a tailoress and was skilled at embroidery and crochet. She made her own wedding dress. The scraps used for the quilt came from Mrs Byers, a dressmaker in Bundaberg QLD.
DescriptionCotton scrap quilt with shapes of squares and diamonds and strips. There is no padding and the backing is calico.
2125 x 1440mm