HistoryThe quilt was made by Zumma Carraro and her mother Emma and sister, Nara c. 1935. It is now in the collection of Annette Gero. "This is one of four waggas made by an Italian family after their arrival in Sydney NSW in 1926. They settled in Marsville NSW, grew fruit and ran a chicken farm. The sample suiting fabrics used to make the four waggas were obtained from Italian tailors who had a shop in Bligh Street, Sydney. The quilts are backed in a patchwork of cotton fabrics left over from dress making." [Annette Gero]
DescriptionThe top of the quilt is suiting samples arranged in rows and every second row has alternate dark and light cream rectangles. The back is a patchwork of dress materials. It is machine sewn. There is no padding and it is not quilted.
2160 x 1350mm