HistoryThe original traditional Wagga rug was made by Max Robertson. Later it was covered with the patterned twill material by Mary Robertson. It is not used now but remains in the family, is valued and is stored in Coolamon NSW. Max and Mary liked camping with their three children and used the wagga rugs on the camp stretchers in the tent.
DescriptionTraditional wagga rug made from three wheat bags joined along the long side by sewing with a bag needle and twine. Machined twill cover was put on later in the 1960s. Originally no padding but now the bags are padded. One of a pair (identical).
1790 x 1160mm