This utilitarian quilt was made c. 1920 by Mrs Eletha Fagg at Lankey's Creek NSW. Her son Keith donated it to The Pioneer Women's Hut. It is displayed occasionally in the museum. This quilt was in continuous use on beds at Lankey's Creek until post war and then at Keith's house at Mannus, NSW until about 1970. It was then used on a bed between a mattress and a wire base to 'stop the draughts'.
The top is a wholecloth piece of twill type cotton and the backing is a wholecloth piece of finer patterned cotton. The padding is a layer of pieces of used clothing stitched together, including part jumpers, some darned. These are inside an old folded blanket.
1540 x 950 mm