HistoryGiven to Fran Williams the owner, in 1996 by Dinnie Cameron* who in turn, had been given two similar quilts of which this is one. It is thought they originally came from a CWA cottage at St. Helens Tasmania and were probably made in the 1950s.
[* Dinnie Cameron is a well known textile and quilt expert in Tasmania]
DescriptionAll cotton top and backing. Machine construction. Patches, mainly rectangles joined in strips and then the strips joined to form the top. The back is a similar construction but larger pieces. The padding is made from lots of hand and machine knitted woollen pieces, including jumpers. Black check binding. It is very heavy. It is not quilted. It is not used. The owner calls it a Wagga.
1340 x 1610mm