The quilt was made by Lucy Gallagher in the 1950s at 'Eringorrah', a large country property near Wagga Wagga New South Wales. Lucy donated it to the Junee & District Historical Society. Lucy made many similar rugs that she called 'Wagga rugs'. Often the filling was an old blanket or pieced used woollen clothing or an opened out sugar bag. For a long time they lived in the shearers' quarters and the rugs were in general use on the beds and provided warmth.
Wholecloth rug quilt. Front and back the same pattern. Cotton, creamish background with bunches of blue flowers. Machined. Some large patches. There is padding but it is unknown exactly what.
1450 x 1420 mm