HistoryMade and owned by Hester Hopkins of Mornington Victoria [in] 1943-1944. Now owned by Wanda McPherson. The quilt was in use for 35 years. The maker was a teacher and lecturer of textiles (dressmaking and cutting) at Methodist Ladies College and State College of Victoria [from] 1968-1978.
DescriptionWholecloth quilt made from dusty pink 'Francis Burke' cotton fabric. Quilt has square tailored corners at the bottom, the outer part of the quilt has piping and is quilted in 1" lines on a sewing machine. The centre has a decorative 'H', quilted and filled with heavy cotton cord and sits 53cm down from the top. A quilted diamond pattern fills the centre of the quilt. Cotton padding, backing made from joined cotton army sheets. The fabric has faded and some stitching has come undone at upper left edge.
2340 x 2000mm