The quilt was made by Neta le Cerf (born Cayirylys) c. 1940 in Tumbarumba New South Wales. The quilt was made for use on beds in the house and on the verandah. It was stored in the linen press of Norm and Ellen Bradley's home at Rosewood NSW and always valued. Norm Bradley donated it to the Pioneer Women's Hut. It is occasionally displayed at the Museum. It is thought the tailors' sample books came from the family store of 'Le Cerf and Blencowe' in The Parade, Tumbarumba. As well as general groceries and farm merchandise, men could order their suits through the store.
Double sided utility quilt made from machine pieced squares of tailors' samples and men's and boy's suitings. The padding is five or six layers of pieced used clothing including darned, threadbare socks, part jumpers, blanket pieces etc.
2090 x 1340 mm