HistoryThe quilt was made from dressmaking scraps in the 1940s at Gilmore NSW by Peg McAlister and is now owned by her daughter Evelyn. It is still used. Peg McAlister was a dressmaker as well as helping in the dairy and raising five children.
DescriptionQuilt made from dressmaking materials in a design probably made up by the maker but resembling 'Courthouse Steps'. The outer border of each block is mitred. Originally it was reversible but during restoration the back was brought to the front, doubling the size of the quilt. The padding is old woollen materials. The backing is a new piece of floral material. It is now machine quilted.
1830 x 1220mm