HistoryThis quilt was made by Mary Annetts (1905-1997) in Adelong New South Wales probably in the 1940s. It was used in her house in Havelock Street, Adelong NSW where she lived for 60 years. Her husband (deceased) was a rabbiter and her son is now postmaster. It was made for general use on the beds and was purchased by The Pioneer Women's Hut at a clearing sale. It is displayed occasionally at the museum.
DescriptionDouble sided quilt, machine pieced from large rectangles of used clothing in various materials including wools and suitings. The sides are turned in and machined to make a firm edge. It is machine quilted. The padding is three old sheets and a blanket.
1370 x 1040 mm