HistoryThe quilt was made by Delia Neil in 1942 (when she was 26) from salesman's samples of pyjama material from a menswear store in Kandos New South Wales. It was then owned by Ruth Piotrowski of Canberra ACT who donated it to The Pioneer Women's Hut. It is occasionally displayed at the museum.
DescriptionThe quilt is constructed from machine pieced diamond shaped striped flannel materials. The backing is the same. The padding is not visible but is thought to be worn out woollen clothing, unpicked and ironed flat.
1520 x 970 mm