HistoryThe quilt was made by Eliza Jones in Warragul Victoria probably between 1880 and 1890. It was given to Ivy Blyth and is now owned by Ivy's daughter Jean Gill. It is not now used. Ivy Sargeant worked as a milliner at Huntsman's in Chapel Street, Prahran in Melbourne VIC. She collected scraps and decorations from her work and gave them to her aunt Eliza Jones for her to use.
DescriptionPieced quilt featuring log cabin and tumbling block patterns. It is hand sewn and has some appliquéd flowers. Materials are mainly velvet with a small amount of cotton. There is no padding and the backing is cotton flannelette.
1525 x 1220mm